Country School Bus System 

For families who reside outside the Bendigo Public Transport System and wish to travel by bus, the Country School Bus System will allow for travel to ESC.  You must reside outside central Bendigo, with the exception of Strathfieldsaye and Maiden Gully (please see Bendigo Public Transport System timetable). 

To apply for travel, download the Country School Bus Application Form, which includes the Conditions of Travel and return a completed form to the Bendigo Bus Coordinator. 

Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..>This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Post - c/o Bus Coordinator, Bendigo South East College, Ellis St, Flora Hill , VIC 3550  Fax - 5443 4362 

We will then assess your application in accordance with DEECD policy and advise you of your application. 

If you are Eligible you will also be provided with:
  • Bus service name
  • Bus stop location
  • Bus stop Pick Up & Set Down times
  • Details of the interchange bus service (if you are required to change buses at an interchange)
  • You will need to display a country bus travel sticker on your ID card for travel

    Please note: If your child has parental permission to go home after school with another student who is a Country Bus traveller, the request will be communicated to our Country Bus Co-ordinator, Mike Bulmer, to inform the Bus Company that your child will be travelling that night. 
    Please ensure that your child has a written note. ONLY A WRITTEN NOTE is acceptable from the student who has parental permission
    (verbal permission is not acceptable under the Country Bus Guidelines).

Public Transport 

For those families that reside within the Bendigo Public Transport System, this will allow for you to travel to ESC whether by regular timetabled services or School Town Specials. 
To determine which connecting service is closest to you or best suits your needs you can use this map or timetable which includes regular bus information as well as School Town Specials. 
To access this system you need to obtain a MYKI card, which you can buy from Bendigo Railway Station or refer to this link

If you do reside further than 4.80km from ESC and ESC is your closest school you may be eligible to claim conveyance allowance for the reimbursement of the MYKI card. Please see this link